1. You must post the rules.
2. Each person must post 5 things about themselves in their journal.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create five new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4. You have to choose 10 people to tag and post their on your journal.
5. Go to their page and tell them you have tagged them. [You could post an icon.]
6. No tag backs
- I has a freelance job now, and I work at home. It's great if you have massive anxiety about social situations, but not so lucrative if you have a half-assed work ethic and need a lot of money. Still preferable to every other job I've ever had, though.
- I have a half-assed work ethic. I think I was supposed to be a cat. *takes a nap on the floor*
- If I were a cat, I'd be allergic to myself.
- I really, really, really, really, really hate driving.
- I love gardening but I'm really not that good at it.
Q. Do you have strong feelings about Sailor Moon: Crystal? Or even Sailor Moon in general? If not, talk about an anime or manga you really like.
Oh mans, I actually haven't watched any of the new Sailor Moon yet, but I've seen gifs of it on tumblr?? I actually like the art style (aside from the animation errors people have pointed out, but that happens in like everything anyway). I liked the original Sailor Moon, also. Maybe not quite as much as DBZ, but I used to watch them both around the same time.
Q. If a new addition to a long-standing series were to come out and crap on your favorite character or storyline, would you give up fannination of the series as a whole, or just attempt to pan that subsection?
I'd probably try to ignore the new canon as much as possible or branch off into an AU where it didn't happen. With FFVII, I think I stopped paying attention around the time Advent Children came out. Mostly, though, I seem to get attached to characters who get written under the rug midway through the story because lol nobody cared about them anyway, so it's not so much that they get crapped on as maybe shoved into the corner out of neglect. Xenosaga kind of did that to my favorite character in the third installment--like, he wasn't completely ignored but they did kind of wrap up his issues anticlimactically and give him a TRAGIC BACK STORY!!! that was only available on mobile in Japan. I tried to cope with my unresolved feels by horfing out a massive shitty post-canon fanfuck that addressed a bunch of things the last game didn't have time for, but it was super unoriginal and I am super ashamed of it. :E
Q. What are your favorite colors? Do they make their way into your art a lot, consciously or subconsciously?
I like green and orange, and they actually kind of made their way into my life subconsciously. (I kept dreaming about them for years and finally noticed it when I started writing down my dreams. Before that, my favorite color was, like ... grey.) I use them a lot in design, like for web pages and blog layouts and stuff, which is probably a bad thing because they will literally scorch your eyes out through the back of your head if you stare at them too long. Sometimes they get into my drawings too, depending on the subject.
Q. What is your take on the original four elements of antiquity (earth, air, fire, water)? Is it outdated? Has it just transformed? Have I been playing too much Final Fantasy and watching too much AtLA?
I kind of like it as an archetypal thing, even if it doesn't have much of a basis in modern science. It makes sense in a fantasy setting, although I guess it would be interesting to have a fantasy world with magic powers based on the periodic table. Chinese traditional elements are also pretty cool.
Q. Which is preferable? Spending a lot of money on a house you have to take care of yourself even though you might not have the capacity to do so, or spending a lot of money on an apartment that's kept in okay condition by others?
I think it depends what feels most comfortable to you personally. I'd like to have a house someday, but I'm OK with the arrangement we have now (apartment in my in-laws' house).
blerp I can't ever think of questions for these but I'm not really tagging anyone anyway herf blerf